Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Point out fifteen different species of trees or wild shrubs in the field, and tell their names and chief use.
- Tell the value of forests in protecting soil and building fertility, regulating the flow of water, wildlife management, and as recreational areas. Tell from what watershed or other sources your community obtains its water.
- Describe briefly the part that forest products play in our everyday life.
- Take part in your town or community tree farming activities. Give the meaning of forest management.
- With its supervisor, visit a public or private forest area or watershed and write a 300-word report on how the area is managed to grow repeated crops of trees to protect the watershed, support wildlife, or provide other services and benefits.
The Cebu Cinnamon - http://www.globaltrees.org/reso_tree.asp?id=34
The Philippine Teak - http://www.globaltrees.org/reso_tree.asp?id=27
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_treefarming.pdf