Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Using the letterpress printing process:
- Set a paragraph of type by hand from manuscript copy.
- Read and mark proof correctly.
- Set type for a display card or an advertising handbill.
- Run 100 copies of the job in Requirement Number 3 on a 10 x 15 or a smaller job press. Demonstrate the correct method of inking, setting gauge pins, use of make-ready, feeding accuracy, and washing up press.
- Or, using the silk-screen process:
- Make a stencil screen and base.
- Print at least fifty copies of a poster, greeting card, T-shirt design, etc.
- Or, using the offset printing process:
- Produce a finished piece of publicity - such as a newspaper, bulleting, poster, etc., the size of which is determined by the offset duplicator, or offset press employed.
- Prepare properly all materials and illustrations needed for the above, to include the preparation of flats for photographing, and its transfer into pre-sensitized plates.
Bosshards Printing Primer - http://www.execpc.com/~bosshard/printing/letrprss/basictools.html
Letterpress FAQ - http://www.greendolphinpress.com/letterpress-faq.html
Silk Screen Printing - http://www.matisse.com.au/paintingtechniques/SilkScreenPrinting.html
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_printing.pdf