Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Have a knowledge of foster-mothers and the construction of sanitary laying houses, brood coops, and runs.
- Understand, through experience - rearing, feeding, caponizing, killing, and dressing birds for the table.
- Candle incubating eggs and for the market. Describe the differences in candling, how to distinguish the infertile from the fertile eggs, and the bad from the good eggs; and tell how eggs are graded.
- Select good layers and cull the poor producers.
- Raise a breed of not less than ten (10) selected pullets.
- Own a pen of chickens, not less than ten (10) hens and one (1) rooster.
- Do all the work in its care and management.
- Incubate eggs with the use of brood hens, and raise not less than ten (10) selected pullets for replacement.
- Castrate all excess cockerels.
- Keep accurate cost accounts record.
- Make a complete report at the end of the year as required by your Counselor.
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_poultryraising.pdf