Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Describe, name, or explain the following:
- Sources or leather
- Curing and tanning of leather
- Kinds of dyeing, staining and polishing, and cleaning material used in leatherwork.
- Do the following:
- Identify at least five (5) different types of leather.
- Explain how to select and buy leather.
- Tell what kind of leather is best for each type of leatherwork such as: tooled and stamped or embossed articles like moccasins, wallet, shoes, bags, novelties, etc.
- Tell the proper use and care of leatherwork tools and equipment.
- Design patterns for at least three (3) different articles: wallet, leather case, shoes, belt, etc.
- Demonstrate at least three (3) types of lacing, and at least three (3) methods of braiding.
- Make at least three (3) pieces of hand-carved and laced articles: leather cases, purses, billfold, portfolios, handbags, belts, etc.
Internet Leathercrafters Guild - http://iilg.org/
Leatherwork Links - http://moas.atlantia.org/topics/leat.htm
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_leathercraft.pdf