Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Explain and show the main points of good hiking practice.
- Submit to your Troop Leader/Outfit Advisor and Counselor a written plan for a ten-kilometer hike, including the following: map routes, activities on the way, clothing and equipment needed, and meals on the way.
- Take five hikes on five separate days within a period of six months, one of which should be an overnight hike. These hikes should be done progressively, and should cover a total of fifty kilometers. No one hike should exceed fifteen kilometers at any time.
- After sufficient training, go on a hike of twenty continuous kilometers in one day.
- Within a month of the final hike, submit a short report of each of your six hikes containing the dates, routes, purposes and objectives, weather conditions, and interesting things and places seen.
Backpacker Survival Skills - http://www.backpacker.com/survival/
Backpacking and Hiking for Beginners - http://www.backpacking.net/beginner.html
Beginners Guide to Hiking - https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/09/07/hiking/
Train for Long Distance Hike - http://andrewskurka.com/2011/train-for-a-long-distance-hike/
Wilderness Survival - http://ammo.com/articles/surviving-in-the-wild