Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Earn the First Aid Merit
- Tell what you would do to prevent injury and possible loss of life to you
and others in each of the following situations: Fire or explosion at home
or in a public building, car stalled in a secluded place, motor vehicle accident,
mountain accident, food poisoning, boating accident, search for lost persons,
gas leak, earthquake, flood, typhoon, lighting, nuclear fallout, avalanche
(rock), and landslide.
- Demonstrate and explain how you could safely save a person from the following
- Touching a live electric wire
- A room filled with carbon monoxide or other fumes or smoke
- Clothes on fire
- Drowning using non-swimming rescues (including river, sea or beach accidents)
- Tell the things a group of Scouts should be prepared to do, the training
needed and the safety precautions to be taken for the following emergency
- Crowd and traffic control
- Messenger service and communication
- Collection and distribution services
- Group feeding, shelter and sanitation
- Demonstrate the following:
- Three ways of attracting and communicating with rescue planes or helicopters
- The proper use of ropes and lines for rescue work by doing the following:
- Tie knots for joining lines, shortening or adjusting lines and lashings
- Lower a person from a height sufficient to show how a rescue is
- Coil and accurately throw light and heavy 50-foot heaving lines
- Prepare a written plan for mobilizing your Troop for emergency service.
Prepare an "emergency kit" for use by your Patrol or your family.
- Participate in one emergency service.
Animated Knots - http://www.animatedknots.com/
Rope Works - http://www.ropeworks.biz/
Preparedness List - http://www.iveleague.org/s034-aa.html
Wilderness Survival Guide - http://ammo.com/articles/surviving-in-the-wild
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_emergencypreparedness.pdf