Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Explain the theory of the transistor. Tell how transistors may be used with resistors, capacitors, and coils - in making simple circuits.
- Do the following:
- Draw a simple circuit showing the resistors or tubes. Label all parts. Wire the circuit.
- Demonstrate the right way to solder and unsolder.
- Explain how to avoid heat damage to the parts.
- Explain the following:
- Remote-control - build a device to show how and electronic circuit is used for remote control.
- Electronic brain - explain the binary system of numbers. Change binary numbers to decimal numbers. Build a simple flip-flop circuit with either transistors or tubes.
- Discuss job opportunities in the field of electronics.
Explore Learning - http://www.explorelearning.com
Flip-Flop Circuit - http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/5-Projects/Projects16.html
How to Solder - http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/solder.htm
Transistor Basic - http://www.technologystudent.com/elec1/transis1.htm
Try Science - http://www.tryscience.org/
How Stuff Works - http://www.howstuffworks.com/
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_electronics.pdf