Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Show your Counselor and Outfit Advisor the following:
- Preparing for camp: clothing and equipment and how to pack them
- Camp shelter and sanitation, including tent pitching
- Precautions to be taken on a Crew/Outfit camp
- Make a camp lay-out and prepare a plan for a weekend camp including a schedule of activities; submit these to your Counselor. With the members of your Crew/Outfit discuss the camp plan in the presence of the Outfit Advisor and the Counselor. Carry out the camp plan.
- While in camp, do the following:
- Make a comfortable ground bed and sleep on it. Use ground cloth and padding of clothing, grass, leaves or straw
- Make a camp table, a tripod for suspending camp supplies, clothes line or other camp conveniences using proper lashing techniques
- Dig a suitable garbage pit
- Show and explain the proper method of storing and protecting your food and equipment against small animals, insects, and wet weather.
- Tell how you would protect yourself against wet weather and cold while in camp.
- Camp a total of at least 20 days and 20 nights in the out-of-doors, submitting evidence to your Outfit Advisor and Counselor that these camps were made within standards. (You may use a week-end camp and/or a week of summer camp as part of the 20 days and 20 nights).
- Submit reports to your Outfit Advisor and Counselor of your participation in the fifteen days and fifteen nights of camping, which should include the following:
- Sketches of the campsites
- Schedule and details of activities in the camp
- What you did or learned in camp, and
- Experience in the camp which developed your character, your health, your self-reliance and your harmonious relationship with other Scouts
Camping Basics - http://camping.about.com/blbasics.htm?once=true
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_camping.pdf