Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Name at least ten (10) different native materials used in basketry, and the various places in the Philippines where each of these materials can be found.
- Name at least four (4) different hand tools used in basketry. Give their uses and explain how they are sharpened.
- Do the following:
- Describe the steps in bleaching buri leaves and bamboo.
- Name the dye-stuff used in coloring buri leaves and bamboo.
- Submit an album or a collection containing:
- labeled samples of at least ten (10) basketry materials
- samples of at least six (6) weave designs
- three (3) basket finishing trimmings.
- Show how to prepare at least two (2) of the following Philippine raw materials used for making baskets: buri, nito, ticug, bamboo, rattan, bamban, and coconut midribs.
- Submit one working drawing of a basket made of any of the following: bamboo, bamboo-rattan, bamboo-bamban, bamboo-rattan-nito, or plywood-bamboo-buri.
- Make at least one (1) basket using materials mentioned in #6.
Native Basketry - http://www.kstrom.net/isk/art/basket/baskmenu.html
Pegs Basketry - http://pinebaskets.tripod.com
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_basketry.pdf