Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Know what aviation means - its importance, how it affects the world, and how aviation has progressed in the Philippines.
- Define aircraft. Describe some kinds of aircraft in use today.
- Outline at least five (5) uses of aircraft.
- Identify and explain the purpose of the following aircraft instruments:
- Airspeed indicator
- Turn and bank indicator
- Oil pressure gauge
- Temperature gauge
- Show a knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Do the following:
- Point out on a model plane the forces which act on an airplane in flight.
- Show one other principle basic to flight.
- Build a wing section, and show the principles of lift.
- Tell six (6) rules of safety to follow around airplanes and airports. Tell safety rules for building and flying model airplanes. Tell safety rules for glue, paint dope, and plastics.
- Visit an airport or any local airbase near your home. After the visit, tell how the facilities were used.
- Find out what job opportunities there are in aviation. Tell the qualifications and working conditions of one job you are interested in. Tell what the job offers in reaching your goal in life.
ALLSTaR Network - http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aerojava/
Aviation Safety Network - http://aviation-safety.net/database/country/RP.shtml
Modern Principles of Flight - http://library.thinkquest.org/20174/present/modern_principles_of_flight.htm?tqskip=1
Phonetic Alphabet Chart - http://www.soton.ac.uk/~scp93ch/morse/index.html?http://www.soton.ac.uk/~scp93ch/morse/alphabet.html
Plane Wing Simulation - http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cResource.dspDetail&ResourceID=24
Try Science Experiment: Wingin It - http://www.tryscience.org/experiments/experiments_begin.html?wingit
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_aviation.pdf